header-photo

Dunhill: My Mixture 965


The following is a review I did on Dunhill's My Mixture 965 on 2/28/06

Brand:Dunhill
Blender:UNKNOWN
Tin Description:For the connoisseurs of full-bodied tobacco. Choicest small Latakia impart a rich nutty flavor and coolness. Macedonia Bright is added for sweetness. The Brown Cavendish completes the blend that all confirmed pipe smokers love.
Country of Origin:UK
Curing Group:Air Cured
Contents:
Cavendish
Latakia
Oriental
Cut:Ribbon
Packaging:50g Tin, Bulk

EU version. A bowl of 965 is a pleasant experience.

Start: I enjoy the initial start-up of every bowl I smoke. Mix 965 was rather disappointing in this regard. If you’re an occasional nasal sipper the first few puffs of the bowl is not the time for that. 965 will sting your nose with an ashy bite. Nothing special or unique is noticed at this stage. Having said that lets move on…

Mid-Bowl: Wow. What a difference! At this point 965 comes into its own and delivers its merits. A tasty English with a smooth smoky note. Go ahead take a sniff at this stage…its lovely.

Finish: No real notable changes for me just a good smoke. An occasional ashy flavor can enter in from time to time.

English blend with a little sweetness, this could be a good morning bowl. But I probably won't keep a lot of this around for the ashy notes distract...nevertheless less a very decent smoke.

Update 2/29/06: The ashyness must have been from the pipe I smoked it in for I had a much more pleasant experience in a different pipe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment