header-photo

G.L.Pease: Telegraph Hill


The following is a review of G.L. Pease's Telegraph Hill I did on 2/21/06.

Brand:GLPease
Blender:Greg Pease
Tin Description:A sturdy foundation of Virginia tobaccos, each chosen for its particular character, is enhanced with fine flakes of perique for a refined smoking experience. Telegraph Hill is rich and flavorful, with a satisfying, lingering finish. Each sip builds upon the last, creating a marvelous edifice of taste and aroma. You won't worry about earthquakes if your pipe is filled with this wonderful blend.
Country of Origin:US
Curing Group:Air Cured
Contents:
Virginia
Perique
Cut:Ribbon
Packaging:2oz. Tin, 8oz Tin

Telegraph Hill is a mild VaPer...mild sweet Virginia with a mild spice flowing from the Perique...and they do their job handsomely...not best but darn well. This is a good quality smoke but not my bag of tricks...alone. Vapers find their way into my rotation as a supplement and Tele works well in this regard. As a donut is to coffee, orange slices to cigars etc so too is Tele excellent after two Latakia rich bowls back to back. I absolutely melt smoking this stuff after two bowls of Dunhill's Nightcap. Two Nighties and my eyes are a little heavy and my pallet is caked, this is where Telegraph Hill shines for me. After the nightcaps the Vapers penetrate my pallet with a refreshing flavor. My nightcaping smokes consist no longer of just a primarily rich dark Latakia blend but an added VA or Vapor to boot and Telegraph Hill rings my number in this regard...thank you Pease.